Our Privacy Commitment
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- account balances and payment history
- credit history and credit scores
- When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Deerwood Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does Deerwood Bank share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes—such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes—to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your transactions and experiences
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
For our affiliates to market to you
For nonaffiliates to market to you
Questions? Call toll-free 800-291-6597
What We Do
How does Deerwood Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Deerwood Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or deposit money
- make a wire transfer or apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Deerwood Bank does not share with our affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Deerwood Bank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include a marketing company, a credit card company and a securities broker-dealer.