Prevent Identity Theft
At Deerwood Bank, protecting your privacy and identity is paramount. That is why we are dedicating this page to keep you informed about the latest types of scams and fraudulent attempts that may affect you financially and potentially be used to steal your identity. In addition, we are providing you with links to help you in the event that you feel your identity has been compromised.
If you get a call from someone saying they are from Deerwood Bank, but you are unsure if it is a scam, please take down the employee’s name and call 1-800-291-6597 to verify that the employee does indeed work at Deerwood Bank. The person who answers the phone can then direct you to the employee that called.
Mobile Banking Safety Tips
Following a few simple steps can help make Mobile Banking a safe, convenient way to manage your accounts.
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you’re not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Log out completely when you are finished with a mobile banking session.
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you change your phone number or lose your mobile device, let us know right away.
- Monitor your accounts regularly and immediately report suspicious activity.