Online Security Recommendations
Control access to online banking by implementing safeguards including:
- Maintain the confidentiality of User IDs and passwords required for online banking and regularly change such passwords;
- Dedicate one computer exclusively for online banking;
- Verify use of a secure session (“https”) in the browser for all online banking
- Do not conduct online banking activities from free Wi-Fi hot spots like airports or Internet cafes;
- Cease all online banking activity if the online banking application appears different and not legitimate. Do not continue and contact the financial institution immediately.
- Sign off of online banking when not in use to prevent unauthorized access;
- Do not open electronic mail and attachments from unknown sources or click on pop-ups and hyperlinks;
- Promptly report any suspicious activity.
Secure computer systems and transmitting facility by implementing strong safeguards that include but are not limited to:
- Equip your computer with anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-spyware products and procedures;
- Keep your computer updated with the most current security patches.