Founded in Deerwood, Minnesota in 1910, Deerwood Bank is a community bank that strives to take a complicated financial world and make it nice & simple. Nice in how we treat our staff and loyal customers. Simple in our products – no fuss here… simple and easy-to-understand products and services. With 12 locations around Minnesota, we’re bringing nice & simple banking to your community!
About the Position
Responsible for structuring and closing real estate loans as well as developing new business Represent the bank in the local community through active involvement in community affairs and participate in marketing all of the bank’s products and services with a primary focus on our mortgage products
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Source and develop loans for all aspects of our market including but not limited to: Residential Real Estate, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Construction for both in-house portfolio lending aswell as secondary market lending.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the bank or with an investor in accordance with bank policies & procedures as well as following investor guidelines.
- Complete necessary credit investigations on each loan application as appropriate for keeping credit files current for the dur ati on of the loan including responsibility for collecting documentation from borrowers in a timely manner and ensuring all title and underwriting conditions are met prior to closing.
- Work with loan team to ensure that all pertinent documentation is complete and accurate, complies with company policies, procedures and regulations as well as ensuring the collateral has been properly secured.
- Monitor progress for construction loans in the process as well as periodic inspections following bank policy.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations and fee income.
- Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through ongoing customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all customers, potential customers, referral sources, investors and co workers.
- Effectively manage your loan portfolio while maintaining a positive rapport with borrowers. Will be required to connect with borrowers regarding their delinquent loans to discuss a plan and ensure actions are executed to resolved payment issues while following all bank policies and procedures as well as adhering to regulations regarding debt collection practices.
- Willingly perform all other duties & projects as assigned as well as providing back up to other positions within the Mortgage Department.
We seek to find a highly motivated and organized individual who enjoys working closely with staff and customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work of the employee. Deerwood Bank has the authority to change and/or add any functions, duties, and responsibilities as management deems necessary to meet business and organizational need.