About the Position
The primary objective of this position is to participate in the Commercial Banking process by providing research and analysis that will support the Business Bankers in the underwriting process. Spread and analyze year-end and interim financial statements and monitor monthly borrowing base certificates to ensure collateral coverage is adequate. Prepare credit approval presentations including yield and risk rating analysis, guarantor cash flow analysis through analysis of personal financial statements and tax returns, cash flow analysis for commercial real estate, and financial projections as necessary and directed by department staff.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a college degree in business, accounting, finance, or comparable employment experience. Here are some of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that we are looking for:
1. Formal credit/cash flow analysis training, and well-developed credit analysis and analytical skills.
2. Extensive experience with spreadsheet capabilities, design, and manipulation of data.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team
4. Strong personal motivation and attention to detail
5. Understanding of economics, finance, accounting, financial statements, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
6. Basic knowledge of risk analysis
7. Ability to discuss financial and collateral issues with Business Bankers and customers.
8. The ability to independently prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
9. Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
10. Effective technical report writing skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work of employees. Deerwood Bank has the authority to change and/or add any functions, duties, and responsibilities as management deems necessary to meet business and organizational needs.