Personal Online Banking
Bank from anywhere Internet access is available. This means that you are able to access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Check account balances
- See what deposits have posted and what checks have cleared. You can even see the front and back of your checks
- Transfer money between accounts easily and quickly
- View and download statements to your own money management program
- Set up personalized alerts via email, or secure message
To see a demonstration click here.
To speak to a Deerwood Bank representative for more information on online banking click here
or sign up now for online banking.
New Internet Banking Customers who have not yet completed the Security Update:
- Click on the green Access Your Account symbol then in the New Online Banking User box select Setup Your Info.
- Click on Let's Get Started then please review Terms and Condition and select I Accept
- Enter in your User ID (This is your Social Security Number or Tax ID Number without dashes or spaces)
- Enter in your Password (This is the last four digits of the number you used above)
- Enter Random Code exactly as it appears
- Create and answer three Security Questions (The answers are NOT case sensitive) and click Next
- Create a Security Key (This is a word that will appear on your online banking page. THIS IS NOT YOUR PASSWORD)
- Enter your Email Address
- Enter New Password and re-enter to Confirm New Password (password must be 8-14 characters and is case sensitive)
- Click Finished
Proceed to sign-in now
If you have already completed the Security Update described above please log in:
- Click on the green Access Your Account symbol
- Enter in your User ID (This is your Social Security or Tax ID number without dashes or spaces)
- Select Next
- Answer your Security Question
- Select Next
- Visually verify that your Security Key is correct
- Enter in your password (not the security key)
- Select Login
Begin login now
Deerwood Bank’s online banking system utilizes a layered security approach to authenticate the identity of our customers and minimize the risk of unauthorized access to your accounts. Our fraud detection monitoring system considers each customer’s history and behavior pattern, alerting bank staff of any “red flag” activities.
Most importantly, our Online Banking System allows you, our personal customer, to set-up a wide variety of account alerts, customized to meet your individual needs. You can receive a text, email or secure message alert anytime any of the following occur:
- Password change attempt
- Log-in from outside a specified geographic region (e.g. out of state)
- Internal transfer amount greater than $xxx.xx
- Additional personalized notifications can also be customized right online also
Online Security Recommendations
Control access to online banking by implementing safeguards including:
- maintain the confidentiality of User IDs and passwords required for online banking and regularly change such passwords;
- dedicate one computer exclusively for online banking;
- verify use of a secure session (“https”) in the browser for all online banking
- do not conduct online banking activities from free Wi-Fi hot spots like airports or Internet cafes;
- cease all online banking activity if the online banking application appears different and not legitimate. Do not continue and contact the financial institution immediately.
- sign off of online banking when not in use to prevent unauthorized access;
- do not open electronic mail and attachments from unknown sources or click on pop-ups and hyperlinks;
- promptly report any suspicious activity.
Secure computer systems and transmitting facility by implementing strong safeguards that include but are not limited to:
- equip your computer with anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-spyware products and procedures;
- keep your computer updated with the most current security patches;
- monitor your accounts carefully;
- take advantage of account alerts available within online banking. You can choose one or more types of alerts to create. Notification can be through a Secure Message – which is a message sent to your online banking account; a message sent directly to your email; or a text message via mobile phone. Here are some examples:
As always, if you have any questions about Deerwood Bank’s Personal Online Banking system or about any of our products and services, just give us a call at 800-291-6597 or at any of our offices.